Thursday, November 22, 2007

New PJ's,Thanksgiving, and aliens...


Look at me! Look at me! I got new PJ's! They were and early christmas gift and I LOVE THEM! I wonder if they make matching ones for my mommy and daddy? Mommy would wear them, but I don't know about daddy...he is manly. We got up early this morning...it's Thanksgiving day!!! "Gus wanna go for a ride in the car?" daddy asked. Of course I do, so I ran to the door. "I wonder where we are going?" We pulled up to a parking area and there were so many people around. Some were warming up running, others were just talking. "Oh I know...this must be a road race." We all got out of the car and walked up to a big building. Mommy and daddy took turns going inside to register for the race, while the other stayed with me outside. Everyone loved me, as usual. "Uh oh...race must be starting soon." I thought. I got put in the car (it's a big SUV so I get the whole back to myself), and they went to run the race. When it started I got super excited. They are running right by the car!!! As daddy ran by he tapped the window and I was soooo happy! "Go daddy, go!!!" I yelped. Ok...where is mommy...there she is..."go mommy go!" I barked. 5 miles later, daddy ran across the finish line he came to get me so we could cheer for mommy. He was surprised to find me in the drivers seat. That's right...I jumped the seats and made it all the way to the front of the vehicle. "Good job, buddy!" daddy said. We waited for mommy and when I saw her coming I ran towards her, dragging daddy with me. She raced me to the finish line. I still say I won. It was close. By now everyone knows me. "bye Gus!" all the kids say as they leave. Even grown-ups kneel down to talk to me. I am so popular. I am popular without even trying. Must be my stellar personality and dashing good looks. We went to visit the aliens at the Dunkin Donuts drivethrough (read the blog entry about that if you have no idea what I am talking about). I acted in my usual fashion, protecting my parents from the aliens..."arf! bark! ggrrrrr!!!!" But when we pulled up to the window, I was surprised to see them handing me something...it's a milkbone! The aliens have treats!!!!! Why didn't anyone tell me this earlier!

No comments: