Sunday, November 11, 2007

Iron Dog

Mommy hand painted this food bowl for me. It has my name, and all sorts of other cool things on it. My favorite is the red Ironman symbol on the inside. I am Gus, the "Iron dog". I got this name because of my daddy. He is an Ironman triathlete. He has finished the Lake Placid, NY, Ironman triathlon 5 times! He had to do a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and run 26.2 miles. He is my hero! Next summer we are going up there to cheer for friends, and so daddy can sign up for 2009. They said I can come with them! We are going to camp out in a tent and everything just to make sure daddy can get in.
There is my daddy! He is the one with his arm up in the air! This picture was from the 2004 Ironman triathlon. Wow! He is sooooooo fast! Both mommy and daddy are on a triathlon team and their uniforms are yellow and black. Makes it easy to spot them during a race. Mommy has never done an Ironman race. She takes after me, not a good swimmer yet. I get to cheer for her at shorter races. Like this past summer she did a women's only triathlon in CT and daddy and I got to cheer for her.

The team they are on is called the Cyclonauts. I even have my very own shirt that says "official Cyclonaut cheer dog". Everyone loves it! I wear it to all the races and people recognize me. I have lots of friends I visit with when I go to races. Most of them are little kids. Kids love me, and I love them, so it works out pretty well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.