Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I cannot tell a lie


I cannot tell a lie. This is what happened. (it was a few days ago...but I thought I should share my side before mommy and daddy tell everyone their side). It was a chilly Saturday...daddy had to work. Mommy was getting ready to work the night shift. I was hanging out in the living room until it was time to get in my crate because mommy had to leave for work. Before she left I saw her pull a steak out of the freezer and put it on the stove to defrost overnight. Out the door she went. "hey guys! guys!" I yell to the cats. They all came downstairs and sat by my crate. "Go look what mommy left out in the kitchen. I think you will like it." The scampered into the kitchen and saw what mommy had done. mmmmm...steak. A bit frozen right now, but I wonder how long it will be left out before they cook it? I hear the chirp of daddy's car. "scram, guys! Daddy is home!" The cats dispersed and the front door opened. "Hi Gus!" daddy says, "wanna go outside?". We took a long walk so I could take care of business. Back inside daddy said the one word that sends me running upstairs "Bedtime!". I run up and hop onto the bed. I love bedtime...it's snuggle-time! Daddy got up pretty early the next day. Earlier than expected. The kittys and I had gotten up a little while before and snuck down to the kitchen, to finish out our plan. One kitty had gotten up on the stove, and the others awaited the steak that would soon be pushed off onto the floor. Bullseye! Down on the floor with a smack! The cats used their claws to get through the wrapper, while I kept watch. Once the steak was out of the packaging we all enjoyed a feast.....until daddy caught us! First, he saw the styrofoam from the bottom of the package. "hm...that is weird. Gus must have pulled this out of the trash or something." Then he saw us in the corner..."Gus!!!!" I hear him yell. He picked up the steak and put it in the trash. "but daddy...daddy...the cats helped too! I didn't do it all alone." But there are no cats around. They all ran and hid before daddy got in the kitchen. They left the blame on me. I mean, sure, I was the one that told them about the steak in the first place, but they actually got on the stove and pushed it off. Daddy eventually figured out what happened, given the fact I cannot climb up on the stove. Mommy came home later..."I hope you were not planning on having steak for dinner" I hear daddy say...

No comments: