Saturday, November 24, 2007

I LOVE Saturday

BOTH mommy and daddy worked the overnight shifts last night. I thought I was going to have no one to snuggle with, but luckily for me...Grandma is visiting!!! I curled up with her and slept like a baby. Daddy got home around 7:45am, and I awoke to him ringing the doorbell. I did not know it was him at first and so I barked and barked! Turns out he left his keys in mommy's car, mommy went to work, and daddy had to use his spare car key. This also left him with no house key. A couple hours later mommy came home. She went shopping. She says "the day after the day after Thanksgiving is best to shop because you still get the sales without the crowds". I will take her word for it. I wonder if there is anything in those shopping bags for me????? Daddy had his 10k (6.2 mile) race today. Here we are awaiting the race start. Daddy runs fast! At one point I was cheering with mommy and I dug a hole in the ground. Then, out of nowhere I got a burst of energy! A burst, I tell you! I started to run and run but I was on a leash so I was going in cirlcles around mommy. It made her spin round and round too. After the race, people came up to us and said "you guys were making ME dizzy!". I just laughed and licked his face. Later on in the day mommy took me to the dog park to play. I wore my yellow fleece vest. I was the only pup in the park wearing clothes. I wonder what the other dogs thought.....was I cool? Or did they think I was silly? It was cold out, so it doesn't really matter what they thought...I was toasty warm! Later, on the way home, mommy took me to daddy's work to visit him on his dinner break. They were very sneaky. I went in the hospital and into the cafeteria (no one was there. It was closed). We all hung out and when we left, daddy let me walk down the hallway. It was linolium, so I was sliding all over! Once home, mommy got creative and put up christmas lights outside. I knew she was out there, and I was not, so I barked up a storm until she came in to take me out with her. I don't like it when mommy or daddy are outside and I am inside. I want to be right with them, doing what they are doing.

No comments: