Saturday, November 17, 2007

cold morning

Gotta go outside. Gotta go outside. "Brrrrrrr! I didn't realize how cold it was!" After running around the bed for awhile, making lots of noise, mommy got up and took me outside. It was cold. There was frost all over the ground. The leaves and grass crinkled as I stepped on them. I sniffed and sniffed and sniffed. I glanced at mommy..."Gus, go potty. I know it's cold but you have to go potty. You WILL NOT go in the house. Don't look at me with those puppy eyes. You need to go potty outside." This puts a brilliant idea into my head. My new mission...learn to use the toilet. I doubt it is possible, but it is cold and I am freezing. I may be thinking irrationally." I do my thing in the grass and mommy lets me go back inside. I wait at the door for her.
"Hurry up, mommy! I'm turning into a pupsicle!" We head inside and I run up the stairs to wake up daddy. I jumped onto the bed and licked his face. No luck. So I run back downstairs to see if mommy has fed the cats yet. No luck. I think she is waiting for when we go to the airport to pick up grandma so the cats can eat in peace. Mommy is making something yummy, though. It's blueberry bread. Smells sooooo good. I asked if I could help, but mommy didn't think it was a good idea. "it will be too hard for you to hold the spoon to stir the mix, Gus" mommy said. She's right. It would be hard for me to grip the spoon with my paws. I think I will go and snuggle in bed with daddy!

No comments: