Thursday, November 1, 2007

Adventures at the dog park









What a day! First, mommy took me to Petco to get a new shirt. This is me wearing it in the car. It was so cool! It is made of down and has a retro stripe on the back and a hood to keep my ears warm on cold days. After picking it out, we headed on down to CT to the dog park to meet up with some friends.


At the dog park, I met my new friends...Emma(golden retriever), Sadie (boxer), Chelsea and Nala (labs). We all had a blast! The picture above is me and Emma. We played together alot because we are both pretty hyper. The cool thing about the dog park is it is all fenced in, so we can be taken off our leashes and we can run around and play. When they would all get together in a group, I would run up, bark at them, and they would run and try to catch me. We had a good game of tag going. Once in awhile we would run so fast we would trip over eachother, but it was sooooo much fun! I love playing with the big dogs.



All that playing can leave a boy quite thirsty. Luckily, at the park, they have bowls set up and a hose to fill them, do there is lots of water to go around. This is me...standing up on two legs to drink the water. I was such a good boy, I even shared my water with my friends. We would drink at the same time! I love the dog park!!!! We left when my friends left, and headed down to Starbucks because mommy had to pee (I don't think I was suppose to tell you that, but personally...I think she drinks too much coffee). Anyways...After the bathroom break mommy took me back to the park for a bit longer. There was a HUGE dog there. Mommy said it was a great dane. His head was the size of my whole body!!! I was trying to play with him, but he was too quick for me. I could not outrun him and he was trying to pick me up by my harness (something I guess he does with his brother-a small dog). His owner didn't like it much (neither did mommy), so his owner held him back. Now was my chance. Since he was held down...I stood one foot away from him and tormented him! I barked and teased him. Mommy didn't think it was very nice...I thought it was great payback for him trying to pick me up by my harness. That will teach him. After the dog park we headed to Petsmart (like Petco). I was sooo tired mommy had to carry me through the whole store! When we left I thought we were going home to see daddy. Not quite. We pull in a driveway and I hop out. We walk up to the door and I see a familiar face...it's BUDDY!!!!! My cocker spaniel best friend! We have been best buds since the first time we met. Mommy didn't say we were coming here. It must have been a surprise. I love it! Buddy and I wrestle and play for at least an hour. Just when our mommies think we are done and resting, we would hop up and start all over again. Ah to be a young pup! Needless to say...I slept the whole way home. I had a wonderful day!

No comments: