Thursday, October 4, 2007

Summer gone too quick

good morning! I was thinkiing about the summer and how I miss it. This is me in my bike trailer. I told you my mommy and daddy were athletic. Lucky for me they let me tag along! Daddy got up early today. It was still dark outside. I wanted to get up and play. I even stepped all over mommy's hair and licked her face, but no luck. So I settled myself down next to her and went back to bed. Later on she kept her word and took me for a ride in the car. "yipee! we are going to Petco!!!". Wait a second...we are going in the wrong direction. I assumed my position (front paws on center console so I could see out the windshield) to see what she was up to. The car stopped and we got out. It was a big building. We went inside. I can smell sooooo many dogs. I explored a little in a waiting room, and then it hit me... V-E-T. "Oh no I have to get out!" I started looking for a way out, but mommy picked me up so I couldn't go anywhere. She put me down on a big metal thing. I kept running off but she continued to put me back on. There was a thing on top that kept displaying a number. It said 18.5. That was it, though. Mommy went to the counter and spoke to a lady and the lady gave her stuff for me. I think it is the stuff that keeps the bugs off me. We soon left and guess what??? We went to Petco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my new yellow fleece vest and some special treats from the treat bar. No nail clipping. All that worry for nothing.

1 comment:

Whiting family said...

This is Gus's mommy. Yes, he is getting to be a big boy! The scale at the vet read 18.5 lbs. I do believe our little boy is just about full grown! We had to pick up his Frontline and Heartworm medicine, but had to get him weighed first so the dosage was correct.
-Gus's mom (Becca)