Monday, October 29, 2007

Big weekend



I taught myself a new trick!!! Usually mommy and daddy just ask me if I have to go outside every few hours and I go. But I am a smart pup...Since it is cold out, I tell THEM! They hang my "going out in public" harness(the one with all my tags) on the doorknob of the front door. So I go to the door, hop up on my hind legs and jingle the harness. They usually look at me and say "Gus, do you have to go outside?". So I run around all excited to let them know I do and they take me out! I figured this out all by myself! I am so smart.



Saturday morning mommy and daddy had an appointment to meet a photographer for the wedding so they took me along. Now I know why...it was like a 1 1/2 hour car ride, and they know how much I love car rides! They had to leave me in the car while they went inside for a little bit, but as soon as I heard them use the remote car door unlocker, I popped my head up and saw them coming back. I was so happy! They were smiling, so I think they liked what they heard while inside. "Yey! I know where we are going now. I get to see my cousins, Ally and Abby! I get to go bark or treating at their house. I choose to wear the horse to see them because it is the easiest to play in." We soon arrived at their house and I stood at the front door. Ally opened it "woof!" I told her. "Gus!" she yelled, with her happy voice. I ran inside and, well, kept running around because I was so happy. Ally and Abby showed me their costumes. Ally had cool princess shoes that lit up. Abby's gorilla costume scared me a bit, though. (me being a small dog and all). The girls opened the treat bags I brought them (with the help of mommy and daddy I put together treats for my favorite cousins), and they shared some with me. I don't think they were suppose to, but they did. A Teddy-grahm hit the floor and I scarfed it up. I think I just gave myself away...I forgot mommy and daddy read my blog. Oh well. One teddy-grahm won't hurt.



Sunday...Big game! Daddy re-arranged his work schedule so he could be home to watch the game with me. Well, maybe he did it to be with mommy, but I like to think he did it for me. Daddy in his Papelbon shirt, mommy in her Beckett shirt, me in my 2004 champions shirt. See us in the picture? It could be clearer, but it was taken by us, with daddy's camera phone. I wish they had counted to 3 or something, I am not even facing the right way!!! We were so happy the Red Sox won! Daddy was dancing around in his usual Sox-winning fashion, mommy kept falling asleep on the couch (she said something about turning into her mother), so I kept jumping on her to wake her up! "They won! They won!" My first year alive and they won! Of course, I know no different. I was just born in 2006. Daddy got up early Monday morning to go to a store and get a shirt that says the Red Sox are the champions. I hope he gets me one too!

No comments: