Monday, October 15, 2007


Monday morning once again. I love the weekends because my mommy and daddy do not have to work (or one of them does not have to work), so I have someone to play with all day. Weekends go by way to quick. Mommy came home on Saturday from the half marathon with a shiny medal around her neck. She was walking funny, though. I guess I would walk funny too if I ran 13.1 miles. I napped with her in the afternoon for a bit while daddy went to work. Then it seemed to swap...mommy went to work and then daddy came home. He took me for a walk and I saw a bunny! I made a dash for it but it was too quick for me.
Sunday morning I heard mommy's car in the driveway. She is home from work!!! I hop off the bed and greet her at the top of the stairs. "Hi Gus!" she happily says. "Where's daddy?" So I run into the bedroom and sit by the bed. She climbs in and wakes daddy up saying she brought him a coffee.
"hey guys...guys it's me, Gus, PICK ME UP and put me on the bed with you!!!!!! Hey! Can I get some help here???? The bed it too high for me to jump up on. Hey!!"
They both peer down at me and smile. Here come the arms and up I go. I run around the bed and lick their faces. My tail is wagging sooooooo fast! I sneeze in each of their faces and lay down. Daddy gets up and I soon follow. I can't let anyone walk around the house without being right at their feet. I want to know what they are up to.
Later in the day we take a ride in the car. Mommy puts the window down and I put my face into the wind. It is a beautiful fall day. They left me in the car for a couple minutes while they ran into a book store to get something. I look around the parking lot...I see something familiar......the sign is red and blue and I see dogs go in and out sometimes...it's Petco! Maybe they will take me! They get back to the car and I was right..."Gus...wanna go to Petco?" I get excited and we all walk over. Of course, we look super snazy, because daddy and I wore matching shirts. Blue red sox shirts. We are so cool. I get some treats and a new tennis ball and we head home for a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

No comments: