Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mommy's guard dog

It was really early in the morning and daddy got up to go to class (or so I thought). I run around for a bit and then snuggle back in bed with mommy. We go back to sleep. I awaken to the noise of someone coming in the front door...I take my stance at the foot of the bed to protect mommy. Someone is in the house! I growl. I growl loud! They are coming up the stairs "WOOF! AARF! BARK BARK! WOOF!" I have to protect my mommy. I am the guard dog. "WOOF WOOF!!! AAARF! GGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!" I jump off the bed to go to the top of the stairs. If there is an intruder I need to step up and be the big dog I think I am. I see someone! As they get closer I calm down and I realize it is daddy!!! Turns out he did not leave for class, he went for a run. Mommy is awake by now and praises me "good boy! you are such a good guard dog for mommy!". I know. I am Gus, the Iron Dog!

No comments: