Sunday, December 30, 2007

One sick pup

A couple of days after I went to the dog park I started to not feel so good. I was coughing, sleepy all the time, and not my normal self. Mommy and daddy got very worried about me.

"Gus, you are not acting like your normal puppy self" mommy said. Daddy agreed. Mommy started to do some research on the internet to see if pups can catch colds. Turns out they cannot.

Tuesday night, mommy and daddy decided 'better to be safe than sorry', so they took me to the vet. Lucky for me there is a 24-hour vet right around the corner. The vet said I was in good health. Mommy didn't like him much.

"He is acting totally different than usual. He is never this lethargic and he has such a funny cough" mommy kept telling him.

"Has he been around other dogs?" the vet asked

"yes, he was at the dog park on Saturday" Mommy replied

Turns out, the vaccine for Kennel Cough doesn't last a full year, so that is probably what I had. The doctor prescribed me some antibiotics for 10 days. Funny, I don't remember mommy and daddy giving me any. However, twice a day they have been giving me special treats, and they hover over me while I eat it. I think I have been tricked! Maybe I have been taking my meds.

48 hours after I started my antibiotics, I feel like a new pup! I have my energy back, I am no longer coughing, I even chase the cats! No doggie toy is safe from me now!


No comments: