Sunday, December 23, 2007

Fun, Fun, Fun!

Yesterday was GREAT! Mommy had worked her usual Friday night double shift, so when she came home at 7am on Saturday morning I stood at the top of the stairs with a big grin to welcome her. It made her so happy! She then went upstairs to wake up daddy. Out of nowhere, I hear the magic words...
"Gus, wanna go buh-byes? Buh-byes in the car? Wanna go for a ride in the car?" daddy asked.
I run around and wag my curly tail
"of course I do, daddy! You don't even have to ask!" I responded.
We get in the car and head out. Mommy and daddy were suppose to be doing a 5K (3.1 mile) road race/run. When they went to register they found out it was a 10K (6.2 mile) run instead. Daddy signed up, while mommy said she would just run the 5K course for fun, this way she and I could cheer for daddy at different points of the course and at the finish. I met a new friend, Tio ( I think). He was a husky. He barked at me a bit, and I gave it right back to him. He didn't scare me!
Mommy took off on her run, and when it was time for daddy to start he put me in the car. I could see him at first, out the window, but before long he was out of sight. Mommy soon returned and got me out of the car. She took off her ear warmers and put on a red santa hat.
"Come on, Gus, lets go find daddy!"
Off we went. Hey...why are we running? I thought mommy finished her run. Up the hill we go. We continue to run around a big field.
"Gus, good boy, Gus. Good boy. Your a good runner. Good boy!" mommy keeps saying over and over. As long as she keeps talking, I keep running. We make a couple stops so I can make yellow snow, and we get to the edge of the field.
"Gus, look for daddy!" She says. I look. There were alot of people running by. Faintly in the distance I hear my name.
"GUS!" I wag my tail, but it is not daddy...it is a group of people from mommy and daddy's triathlon team. They all love me. As they run by they all say hi to me. I jump around in appreciation. One runner even stopped running to bend down and pet me. Must have been my christmas shirt. I looked so festive. Mommy in her santa hat and me in my christmas shirt.
We finally see daddy coming. Mommy and I ran with daddy for a bit and then he took off. Did I mention he wore a green shirt, too??? That's right, daddy dressed like me. I am such a trend starter. I had it on first!!!Mommy ran me around the rest of the field in the opposite direction, so we were facing the runners.
"GUS!" I hear again. It's my same group of human friends. They go by. Daddy must be coming soon. Sure enough we saw him again, then we headed down to the finish line to wait for him there. I ran a whole mile! Mind you, it was slow, with a few stops throughout, but it was a mile!
Uh, oh...What's this??? What is mommy doing? Oh, no, not the antlers!!!!! On they go. She is carrying me by now, so I cannot shake them off. Everyone stops us, saying how cute I am. Yes, I know I am cute, but I think I look like a fool with antlers on. I am a pug. A manly pug, not a sissy pug with antlers, though that is what everyone is seeing at the moment.
Daddy finishes and we are off to see the aliens at the drive- thru. Lucky for them there was a long line at the drive-thru so mommy and daddy had to go inside. Once home, mommy was quick to get ready and off we went again...this time to the dog park. I had a play date with my friend, Buddy (a cocker spaniel puppy). (As we were leaving the house, I knocked mommy's coffee out of her hand and onto the ground in hopes of another trip to the drive-thru...they give out milkbones, you know...but all it did was make her sad and she did not go get another one. My plan was foiled!)At the park it was snowy. I jumped around like a bunny, chasing Buddy everywhere. Whenever other dogs would bark and play fight, I would yell at them. They would peer at me like...who is this little dog and why is he barking at us?
When we went to leave, mommy gave Buddy's mom some cookies and I gave Buddy a "Bark Bar"(special treat) as a Christmas gift. We said our goodbyes and I headed home for an evening of napping with Grandma! A busy day can leave a pup quite tired...

No comments: