Friday, December 7, 2007

The hairbrush


BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
The alarm clock kept going off and going off.
"Mommy...time to wake up" I said, in my usual pug fashion. She would not move. I then took it upon myself to wake her up in my own way.
I got up close to her. I sat on her head. She moved a bit but would not get up. I opened my mouth and grabbed a bunch of her hair. I pulled it.
"Gus! Don't pull mommy's hair!" I turn around. Busted! Daddy had just gotten out of the shower and saw me. I was so excited to see that he was still home I jumped around all over the bed, and all over mommy. I snorted, I sneezed, I landed right on her head! Just a little more hair pulling and she was up.
"yeah! mommy's up!"
"ok, Gus...I'm up!" mommy said. She was kinda grumpy. Maybe I should have put the coffee on before I started to jump all over her. "wanna go outside?" she asks
So off we go...out for a walk. It was cold. There is still ice covering the road. We went to the end of the road and I once again performed my magic trick...I turned the white snow yellow! I love to do that...it's like magic.
We head back to the house. We had such a nice walk I started to feel bad about pulling mommy's hair, so I headed upstairs into the bathroom and found her hairbrush. I brought it to where she was...
"Gus-alicious, what are you doing with my hairbrush?" she asks
"mommy, I felt bad about pulling your hair and thought I would fix it for you"
"Aw, Gus. You are such a sweet puppy. Thank you"
She picked me up and I spent the morning cuddling in her lap.

No comments: