Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy new year!!!

Wow! My first New Year's celebration. I even got to wear a fancy hat! I cuddled on the couch with mommy and daddy as they spent the afternoon watching movies. Then the clock hit 8:30pm...
"It's new years eve and we are sitting home," I hear daddy say, "when did we get OLD?"
"You're right", I hear mommy respond. They both headed upstairs and changed.
Oh no! I think, They are putting on their shoes! I try to think fast. I grab a shoe and try to hide it.
"Gus, give me back my shoe." mommy said
"Ok, we are off! Gonna head to Applebees to split an appetizer and have a glass of wine. See you soon, Gus!"
"Come on mommy! Come on daddy! Stay home with me!" I pleaded.
"Don't worry...we won't be out too late."

MOMMY MAY NOT FORGIVE ME FOR THIS NEXT PART.......
At 1 am mommy and daddy finally returned. Daddy went to brush his teeth and when he came back in the bedroom to see mommy, he took one look at her and said, "are you ok?"
Next thing I know mommy is dashing for the bathroom. I am right at her heels. They go inside and close the door. Didn't sound too nice in there. Eventually they came out and went to bed. I think mommy is sick. The next morning mommy is still sick. Daddy is up and about, getting movies for her and gatorade, too (he is such a good daddy). He made her toast at one point, but I stole half of it(he he he). I was a good dog. I kept mommy company all day. Every time she got up to go be sick I sat right outside the bathroom door and waited for her to emerge and go back to bed. One time I even pawed at the door to see if she was ok.
Later on, when she was better, we all went to play in the snow. Mommy put on her new snowshoes and walked down the street, while daddy had a snowball fight with my friend Connor (their neighbor). I chased some snowballs, until I ran into some snow that was a bit over my head. I have learned to love the snow, seeing as how it is all over the ground.

No comments: