Wednesday, January 16, 2008

snowboard adventure

Daddy and I spent alot of time on the computer researching the perfect birthday gift for mommy. Daddy came up with a brilliant idea!

"I know, Gus! Mommy always said she wanted to try snowboarding, and I love it, so I think I will take her snowboarding!"

"Great idea, daddy! I love the snow!" I replied.

When mommy came home I was so excited, I just blurted it out.

"Mommy! mommy! Daddy wants to take you snowboarding for your birthday!" I barked, while running around the living room.

"Oh yeah, Gus? That's fantastic! I have always wanted to try to snowboard. I am so excited!" mommy said.

When daddy got home he told mommy his plan.

"Honey, I want to take you snowboarding for your birthday. I will get you a lesson so you can learn" daddy told her.

" I know, Gus told me! I can't wait!" mommy said.

Daddy looked at me...

"Gus, you spoiled mommy's surprise!" he said with a laugh.

I take after mommy...I cannot keep a secret!

The big day finally came. I sat perched at the door waiting for the magic words...

"Gus, time to get in your crate."

Those are not the words I wanted to hear! What happened to 'Gus wanna go for a ride in the car'?

"Gus, sorry buddy, but you can't come snowboarding with us. We would love it if you could, but dog's aren't allowed"

"But daddy...daddy! I could rent children's ski's. I only need 4 of them. One for each paw!" I told him, hoping to convince them to take me along.

In the back of my little pug mind, I knew daddy was right. Dog's cannot snowboard or ski. At least not yet...anyway........................

No comments: