Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Confessions of a Petco Pooper

Spa day! Spa day!
I awoke on Monday morning all excited about my spa day. We got up and headed out to Petco. Once we arrived in the parking lot, daddy walked me around a bit to make sure I did my business outside before we went in. I was successful. We then headed inside.
"So Gus is here today for the spa package?" I hear the lady ask.
"Yes he is" mommy replied.
They proceeded to hand me over to the nice lady. "See you soon. We will call when he is ready to be picked up."
They then walked out the door.
"Mommy! daddy! Where are you going??? You are not going to stay here with me???" It hit me that they were not coming back inside right away. They have never left me at the spa before. They usually hang around while I get a nail trim. They never leave...uh oh!
"It's ok, Gus, they will be back in a couple hours when you are ready to go home." the nice lady told me.
I was still nervous. So nervous my belly ached. I was given an oatmeal bath, and they put me by a nice warm dryer until I was dry. Then they put me on a table so I could be brushed, my nails could get clipped, and my teeth could be cleaned. Uh oh....

I then assumed the position...right there on the table...and took a big poop. Yep...right on the table. Oh I was so embarassed! The nice lady cleaned it up.
"I'm really sorry....really! I am just so nervous!" I barked to her. When I was all done, they put me in a cage near other pups while awaiting the arrival of my parents.

ding ding

I look up as the door opens. It's mommy and daddy!!!!! They're here! They're here!
The lady retrieves me from my cage and brings me out to see them.
"Gus was a little nervous, " she told them, "he pooped a bit on the table".
"Oh, Gus" daddy said, "are you ok, buddy?"
"yes, daddy, I am fine. Just a little nervous is all" I replied.
On our way out, I did it again...right there in the Petco grooming area.
OOOOOOOOOOOh the embarassment!
"That's ok, I can clean it up" the nice lady said again.
We walked outside. I assumed the position again, and ...you guessed it...Pooped!
I was quite the super-pooper. A Petco pooper, you could say.
Mommy and daddy are laughing so hard..."Gus, are you finished yet?" they asked. I assumed the position again...nothing. I am completely empty.
We go home and I am fine. Come to think of it...at the groomers, I did not get a fancy bandana or bow. Was it because I was a poopy boy?

No comments: