Sunday, January 6, 2008

Surprise visit

There I was, all curled up on the couch for a lazy morning, when I hear mommy say,
"They're here!"
Who's here? is all I can think.
I ran to the door. I see a car. I bark. Mommy opened the door and I ran outside. (without my leash!) I ran as fast as I could and stopped at the red car. Out came grandma and grandpa!
"Hi Gus!" Grandma said.
"AARRRF! Arrrrrr!" I hear grandpa say from inside the car. He loves to tease me like that. It's how we play.
Once we were all inside the house I was just so happy to see them I was running all over. I was acting like mommy when she has lots of coffee. On the couch, off the couch, on the couch, off the couch, into the kitchen, back in the living room, grab the ball, almost fall down from running so fast, and finally laying down to catch my breath.
"ha ha ha ha ha", I pant as I settle down.
After a short nap I notice a smell. Yum! I thought. I wonder what that is? Mommy and grandma were sitting on the couch and it was coming from them. I climbed onto the couch, then up onto the back of the couch (one of my favorite places to lay).
Sniff, sniff... It's not mommy.
Sniff, sniff... Ah, ha! It's grandma! I get in for a closer sniff. She has the yummiest shampoo I have ever sniffed!!!!! I got right up in her ear and licked it. Then I licked her hair. Over and over and over I licked it.
"Gus!" she laughed,"stop trying to eat grandma's hair!"
"But grandma, your hair smells so wonderful! I just want to lick it! It is good enough to eat!"
After my persistant "hair sniffing and licking" I settled down.
Boy, do I sure love grandma's shampoo!

No comments: