Friday, February 15, 2008

One smart kitty

Hello! It's me, Bailey. Gus is still in bed with mommy sleeping so I logged onto his website to chat with all of you. I see him do it all the time and thought it lookied so easy even a cat could do it, so here I am.
Life has been busy since Gus came into our house. When he falls asleep I sneak over to cuddle with mommy and daddy. I need to be careful, though, because if Gus sees me he gets a little jelous and runs right over to chase me away, then proceeds to lay on their lap himself. At night it is much easier...I wait until he falls asleep and starts to snore, then I can hop onto the bed and cuddle with everyone. Once he is snoring he is usually our for the night. By morning we are all on the bed (Gus, Skippy and I). We get along pretty well. Gus is a bit younger than us so he gets playful and we(the cats) just have to growl a little and he gets the point.
Sometimes we run around the house and play tag. We used to be able to outrun Gus, but now that his is 1 year old he has gotten bigger and quicker. Gus still tries to steal our cat food in the morning, but we have a system. Gus sits there, a couple feet away, and watches. He watches umtil we walk away and then he finishes off our plates. We need to make sure we are compeltely done eating before we walk away. No litter-box breaks for us mid-meal. When you come back the rest of the food is gone. I tried Gus's food one day just for kicks. It wasn't that bad, actually. I have no idea why he has to try to eat ours if his is yummy.
Oh! I have to go. I hear Gus moving about the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Bailey from your sister, Lucy, in Michigan. just so you know... I can eat from our food bowl at leisure! No Gus to chase me here in Michigan.

Our siser Abby and I are getting along OK most of the time, although I do exert my age advantage sometimes.

We both like Mama's attetion and have to share.

Greetings to Skippy and Gus from my new home in Michigan!

Lucy (in the Sky with Diamonds)