Sunday, April 27, 2008

5k run

Today was the big day! Mommy and daddy had arranged a 5k run for a bachelor and bachelorette party. I knew it was going to be a great idea when they said I could come with them. We got up this morning and off we went! Once we arrived, I notice a car pull up right next to us...it was grandma and grandpa!!! I had no idea they were coming too! Then I ran into my friends Dotty and Nola (both are humans). Everyone said hi to me and then they were off to run their race. Unfortunaly I had to sit in the car for the half hour it for everyone to finish, but then they happily let me out to play with them.
"Sorry Gus, but you can't quite run 3 miles yet." mommy told me. I was happy in the car for a bit, though. It was a cool and cloudy day, perfect for a nap.
After the race mommy and daddy handed out medals to all their friends, and guess what??? I got one too! I even had a fancy shirt on that stated "my mommy and daddy are getting married". I am sure all the other dogs were envious!

Look! There go mommy and daddy (and their friend Nola!). Daddy wore his 'super groom' t-shrit, while mommy had on a pink tank top that said 'bride to be' and she wore a veil!

No comments: