Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A day at the park

I was soooo happy! Nothing makes my day more than when mommy asks me if I want to go for a ride in the car, and then she adds the words "we're going to the bark park so you can play with your friend Buddy!"
We jumped into the car and headed down to the park. My only thought was...it is kinda chilly out and mommy is wearing workout clothes. She will freeze her little tushy off.
We arrived at the park and Buddy wasn't there yet.
"Come on Gus! We will wait for Buddy inside the park" mommy said. So out of the car we jumped and headed into the park. There were so many doggys there and they were all my size! Once inside the gate, mommy unhooked my leash and let me run free! I was sprinting from one end of the park to another! I got some other dogs involved in a game of "chase the puppy" and "tag". We all would run and run and run while our parents stood around and talked about us. I made sure to go up to every human there and say "hi". They all loved me! I got free head pats all around!
"Gus! Here comes Buddy!" I hear mommy say. I glanced over and saw Buddy and his mommy walking towards the enterance to the park. hmmmm, I thought, she is wearing workout clothes too.
Once inside, Buddy ran right up to me! We recognized eachother like we had never been apart. We played and played and played, until our mommy's said, "ok, boys, time to go in the car"
wait, wait, why are we going in the car??? I thought
"Gus, mommy and Nola are going for a run around the park and then we will be back to play again." turns out there is a 1.6 mile loop around the bark park through the woods and mommy and her friend were going to run it.
"Be right back!" mommy yells as she takes off running.
Pretty soon they are back. It was like a blink of an eye. Actually, after a long drink of water I fell asleep, so it seemed like a blink of an eye.
Here comes mommy..."Gus, you are going with Buddy in the park. Nola will keep an eye on you. Mommy's going to run one more lap" she handed me off and took off running again.
Once inside the park Buddy and I played some more, but I kept getting distracted. I would walk over to the edge of the park where the fence was and look for mommy. I would play a little, then go back to looking for mommy. Oh! how I missed her so!
What's that I see????? I see a pink shirt coming towards us! It's mommy! It's mommy!!!
"Hi Gus!!!" she shouts, as she gets closer to the fence. She walks over to the gate and I followed her the entire way. We played for a bit longer and then headed home. I was so exhausted that I fell asleep as soon as the car started to move.
When we were home and I saw daddy I told him about my fun day at the park. He says we will go back again soon. I can't wait!!!

No comments: